Friday was Sophie's birthday. She turned 6 years old. Can you believe it? She is definitely growing up. I can see her maturing and she's become such a fun person to be around. We love you, Soph!
She got her one wish -- to have a sleepover. Grandma & Grandpa Bateman came Thursday night. She wanted to share her cake with them, so we did the cake ceremony that night. I forgot to get her picture with them, but at least I got her blowing out the candles.
Friday she slept in until 10:45. Chloe was so worried Sophie was going to miss her whole birthday, but I thought it would be a good idea to let her get as much rest as needed. Since it was so late by the time she got up, I told her to just go get ready and then it would be lunch time. She wanted to go to McDonald's for lunch, so we treated her to that. They have a Redbox DVD rental there, so I also let her pick out a movie to watch. After we got home they wanted to do water balloons. Our neighbor, Jacob, came over and played with them. They did that for over 3 hours! We literally had to pull them away to come inside and open presents. She got fun things. Thank you everyone who sent things to make her day special! She really appreciates it. That took quite a while as well, so we were now scheduled for a late dinner at Carl's Jr. Good thing her birthday is only once a year.
Also, as part of her birthday present, I took her shopping on Tuesday. She loves new clothes -- the whole shopping experience, trying things on. It's really cute to watch her. Chloe hates it, but she's the one who needs all the new clothes. Sophie can get by with hand-me-downs, but I thought I'd treat her to a day of shopping. That was her gift from me, and we had a good time hanging out together.
2 comments:
Glad Sophie had a great birthday! I can't believe she is 6!!! I seriously had trouble buying a card that said 6 on it...hard to believe!! Looks and sounds like you sure know how to celebrate a birthday!!;) Happy Birthday Sophie!!
Glad you had a great birthday Sophie!
Post a Comment