What a fun weekend we had. A little tiring, but fun. So last Friday night we got home from Disney on Ice and the girls had all decided they were going to have a slumber party. I thought it sounded like a lot of fun, but the moms talked and we decided a little planning would make the slumber party even more fun. I'm not sure where my week went, but somehow slumber party plans didn't make it into it. Then Friday evening I got a phone call from Kiera asking if they could have the sleep over. We decided to let them sleep over at their house, since I wasn't exactly ready. This was their first "friend" sleepover -- not with an aunt or grandma. How fun! But since I wasn't there, you have to sneak on over to the Stephen's blog to read about it -- and see pictures.
Brandon and I got to squeeze in a little impromptu date with the girls being gone. We just rented a movie and enjoyed eating dinner ALONE. Very weird. Brandon had planned to clean out the garage (his car is getting very cold outside), but my date idea kind of postponed that. We started it Saturday morning. But he realized he needed to finish the shutters if he was going to clean the garage out, so that was first priority. We got them put together and brought inside, but when he went to screw a board into the window frame he realized he had lost his bit (and this thing that had broken off his drill). So, then we had to REALLY clean out the garage looking for that. We never found it, but the garage is coming along.
Our afternoon project revolved around cleaning up the yard. Brandon had promised anyone who helped ice cream sundaes. He mowed the front yard, Chloe got the good leaf rake, Sophie got the rake nobody likes, and I got the leaf blower.
Then we had our tithing settlement, and went to the grocery store. We strategically planned to go at 4:00 --the time the big BYU vs. Utah football game started. We figured the store would be pretty empty at that time, but it didn't work. It was as busy as ever, and not only that but they kept announcing the score over the loud speakers. So much for avoiding the hoopla. We got home in time to eat a quick dinner (Sophie made us pancakes -- the girls always fight over who gets to do it, and it was Sophie's turn), then we went to a children's theatre production of "Annie." I've wanted the girls to see that for a while now, but haven't found a theatre putting it on. Then the other day I saw an ad for this little one they were doing in Farmington, and tickets were only $5 so I took the family out. Brandon leaned over to me during the show and confessed he'd never seen it. Well, it was about time.
1 comment:
the sleepover looked liked a blast!! now every weekend the girls will want one :) madi and her little friend ask everday on the way to school when they'll get to spend the night and they are only 4!!! i think we'll be giving in soon--but what fun they had!! not all the clean up the rest of the weekend but isn't that our grown up life :)
Post a Comment