
was Wednesday -- 5 days ago. The first day was pretty relaxing to drop the kids off at school, then come home and get some work done. But it hasn't been the same since. I got asked to help with the Saxon math assessments. I spent ALL day Friday helping with that. It was so much fun I went back today. We're still not finished up, so I'll probably be back tomorrow. Sophie's class is the last one we have to finish up, so I want to be there for that. In the meantime, the house and grocery shopping are being neglected, but we still seem to be surviving.
Being around their friends who made negative comments about the charter school was not good for my kids. Luckily, we've been away from that for a while and they've settled in very nicely. They've had a ball picking out their uniforms -- even on casual Friday when they could wear jeans they didn't want to. I'm still having a hard time finding plain white knee high socks, though! Sophie's made friends with a girl named Libby, and Chloe told me about a girl she hung out with today. I love seeing how organized the school operates. I think it will be a great year.
Yesterday we got to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication. That was even a little extra special since they attend a school with the same name. Look at my kids, all grown up. There's just no stopping them.
3 comments:
So your girls go to a charter school? That's very interesting--I've still got a few years before Tempe starts school, but I want to hear more about it!
Wow, I'd send my kids to that school in a heartbeat!! I lot their uniforms! So cute...yet preppy(sp). The look so grown up! So nice of you to help out at a their school. Is this their first year at that school?
they look like they are out to conqure the world :) so cute
Post a Comment