Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fabumouse Cheesecake Party

I know you're all dying to hear about Saturday's exciting event. Well, this is how it goes. Sophie likes to read these Geronimo Stilton books (about a mouse). One of them has an outline at the end of it for how to hold a cheesecake party. Geronimo is not a normal mouse in the sense that he doesn't like cheese, but cheesecake is completely different (I agree!) Sophie set to planning this party right away -- only I made her complete several requirements before she could actually have it. She made the guest list, sent out the invitations, planned all the activities. I offered to make the cheesecake because I'm really good at that :) And that was about all there was to it. It was a pretty simple party. She actually had over-planned things, so I told her to prioritize the activities and just see how many she could fit in. Chloe was a huge help. She offered to do face painting for all the guests as they arrived and were waiting for everyone else. She also made the pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey game. Her art skills are really improving lately, and she can draw pretty much anything. She drew an Eeyore for this game -- and just so happened to also be the winner.


They played a game of hot potato, and Sophie wanted to use an actual hot potato. Our neighbors supplied the potato, since they just happened to be digging theirs up the day before our party and Sophie mentioned to them that she could use one (they actually gave us several that I used for dinner too). Then we got to eat cheesecake!


Afterwards we went outside for a game of three-legged race. Brandon and Chloe were partners, and Mr. B, being a little over zealous, ended up tripping and hurting a rib pretty bad.


There was only time for one last game, which is the only game suggestion that came out of the book, and that was where they picked a category and a letter of the alphabet and then had one minute to come up with the most answers that applied. I'm still not sure how I got suckered into letting her do this, but she did have a good time.

Group Shot:

And one with silly faces:

Now, I hope this is wasn't a big let-down after the way I built it up the other day, but Sophie was just so excited about this party for weeks. This was a highlight for her, and we love her so much!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great idea! That is fun that she planned it all out on her own. Cute girls!

Monty and Kristin said...

That is so fun! I love that you had her plan the party. Good experience! I LOVE Cheesecake. What an awesome Saturday Afternoon! No wonder she was excited.

Stephens Family said...

My girls had a blast at the party - I love the idea of having a party "just because!"