I honestly thought it had been a week since my last post, but the blog is telling me otherwise. I guess it doesn't lie. Chloe was telling us today how she doesn't write stories with her blog, you only get pictures. I tend to write too much -- although I do take more than my share of photos. But today it's going to be nice and short, just a couple items of business:
Sophie got to cash in her birthday coupon I gave her. I told her I would take her to a Jessica Day George book signing. The only one we saw, since her birthday, happened to fall while we were in Albuquerque. Her latest novel had been released that week. I told Sophie I could still buy her the book and then just get it signed later, but she said she wanted to wait and get it when she met Jessica. Luckily, Jessica was doing a signing down in Provo on the 13th so I got to take her. She spoke for about an hour beforehand, and then we stood in line to meet her. Sophie was pretty happy, and I'm glad she's simple to please.
Remember that project I told you I was going to take on? Guess what, I completed it. I told you I would probably end up relying on my husband, and indeed he did help me, but only in the beginning. I just needed help getting started, and I needed him to help me with that top shelf. An 8 foot board is not an easy thing to lift up by myself. But after that I did it all on my own. She still has two areas that need some built-in shelves. I was planning to just let Brandon do them, but now I'm wondering if I can't do them myself. Hmmm, I just realized that we were talking today about getting the table saw put away. That's a really exciting thought, and with the snow coming it's probably time. Do you think Chloe can just wait a bit for those shelves? She may have to. But for now she has one side of her closet that is super cute!
Chloe finally got to have her sleepover with Elsie. She's been begging to have her cousin over for a long time, but I told her she just had to wait until the kitchen project was completed. Then it took us a few weeks to find a time that would work for both parties. We actually got to have Elsie for 4 days, so Chloe was in heaven. I didn't take a single picture the entire time, but Chloe took care of that. She did all kinds of photo shoots with Elsie. You'll have to check out her blog if you missed that.



No comments:
Post a Comment