
We have been just a little busy around here with Easter, followed by a birthday and then a big trip. Chloe got to celebrate her birthday at school the previous Friday and her sweet friend from California, Tyler, called her. Then on Saturday I threw her a little surprise party. She's kind of funny -- you should have seen the look on her face when she walked in and saw everything. Then when the kids all jumped out I think she was a little embarrassed. She ran to my arms and kept repeating, threw her teeth, "Why did you do this?" But she keeps trying to convince us that she knew about it. Yeah, right! Well, after the initial shock wore off she had a good time. I just had an ice cream sundae bar for the kids to make. We went threw a whole 5 quart bucket! I got these cute little ice cream dishes that we let the kids each take home afterwards. I didn't plan any activities, because I know that usually doesn't go over well. Kids just want to do their own thing anyway, so we just threw all our outside toys out on the lawn and let them go to town. Sure enough, they entertained themselves pretty well.
Finally, on Sunday we got to celebrate her actual birthday. I let her open one early (her suitcase) so she could pack for the trip, but we saved the rest for the big day. Thanks to everyone who called and sent cards and gifts. She is busy working on "thank you" cards, so hopefully they'll be out soon.
1 comment:
Holy cow you are a brave woman!! I've never thrown a party like that! How special for Chloe! That's so funny she tried to pretend she knew about it!! I love it. Wish we could have been there. That ice cream looks awesome!! Happy 8th Chloe!;)
Post a Comment